Wow- sorry guys and gals. I think I left you hanging in a huge way.... got you all worked up and then it all just went black, right? Believe me, it wasn't for lack of trying on my part. I got completely cut off from the net! The satellite at my friend's restaurant fried itself leaving me (and the whole little surf camp) totally separated from you guys. I missed y'all. And I'll make it up to you by filling you in as soon as possible. Let me give you some highlights to tease you a little more:
1. I see a cartel guy with a huge machine gun. I am scared.
2. I surf roping left hand point break waves; working out every possible paddle/cutback combination I can think of. I am stoked.
3. I meet new friends, reunite with old surf buddies. I feel at home, I laugh and smile. I'm practically glowing (the rum helps). I feel very alive.
4. I spend a night in a sweaty cinder block room. I meet the Mexican torture machine. I am miserable.
5. I drink enough rum to believe I'm invincible- the mosquitoes know better. I am very itchy.
Best trip ever.
Are you worked up?